1. Open Power BI Report Builder.
2. Select “Blank Report”.
3. Right click Data Sources.
- Select “Add Data Source”.
4. Let's connect to a local SQL Server and build out connection string.
5. Enter the Server Name (PBIDEV).
- Select a database (AdventureWorksDW2017).
- click “OK”.
6. Test Connection, give it a name (awdw).
7. Right click on “Datasets “.
- Select “Add Dataset”.
8. Select our new data source and click “Query Designer”.
9. We now have access to a local data source.
From database architecture and design to the deployment of best in class data platforms and business intelligence tools, the Advanced Analytics Group can transform complex data into insights which drive digital transformation.